Applications now open! Calling all emerging Sydney artists with mental health challenges, disability and/or access requirements.
In 2022, the Emerge Program will run from Wednesday 3 August to Wednesday 19 October.
This is a 14-week program for emerging artists where you will share and gain new creative skills to collaborate, develop new work and exhibit at the Front Up studios
The aim: for artists to expand on their art practice through mentoring by experienced professional artists and educators, to gain professional development, access studio space, and collaborate with fellow artists to create and exhibit new work.
EMERGE participants will build their portfolio of work, increase their skills and gain a deeper understanding of their art practice to increase exhibition, education and employment opportunities.
In collaboration with the Art Gallery of NSW you will work with art educators at the Gallery to engage with and respond to AGNSW exhibitions and artworks.
Front Up will be mentoring artists to
- Engage with the collection and exhibitions at the Art Gallery of New South Wales through facilitated discussion with AGNSW artist educators.
- Be inspired and creatively engage through workshops and collaborations with fellow artists, to create new work and exhibit at the Front Up Studios in Seven Hills.
- Apply your skills, develop new skills, and learn to develop your professional practice through mentoring by leading contemporary artists and educators.
- Boost your arts practice and career to the next level and be part of the thriving Front Up Studios Arts and Cultural program.
- Access career pathways through professional development, community connections and Front Up Studios artists opportunities.
- Collaborate with professional artists by experimenting with multi-art forms, add to your portfolio of work and increase your opportunity for further education and/or employment within the arts sector.
- Strengthening connections to artistic networks, community support and art programs.
- Become part of the Front Up Artist community and receive ongoing access to our studios.
Program time frame
- Every Wednesday from 3rd Aug to 19th October 2022
- Wednesday 3 August via online Zoom
- Most of program will be held at Front Up Studios, Seven Hills
- Exhibition at Front Up Studios
Who can apply?
Applicants must be
- 16 years or older
- Living in Western Sydney or Greater Western Sydney
- An emerging artist (have a history of creating art regularly)
- Able to commit to most of the dates listed in the program time frame