Personal information collected by Ability Options (ABN 92 003 175 335) is protected by the Privacy (Enhancing Privacy Protection) Act 2013 (Cth) (Privacy Act). Personal information is any information or an opinion that identifies you and includes sensitive and health information.
Ability Options follows the Australian Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act in handling personal information collected from clients, business partners, donors, members of the public and Ability Options people (including members, volunteers, employees, delegates, candidates for volunteer work and prospective employees).
The primary purpose for collecting personal information from individuals is to provide services to vulnerable people, including planning, funding, monitoring and evaluating our services. The kind of information we collect will depend on your relationship with Ability Options (e.g. as a client, donor, business partner, employee, volunteer or member, on line user of the Ability Options website). A collection notice will be given to you setting out these uses at or close to the time we collect any information.
Your personal information may be used to:
- provide you with a service,
- report to government or other funding bodies how funding is used,
- process your donation or purchase and provide receipts,
- communicate with you about how your donation is used or about Ability Options services, causes, events, products and services, which we believe may be of interest to you,
- respond to your feedback or complaints, and
- answer your queries.
It may also be used for:
- any other specific purpose for which it was requested and which was advised to you in the collection notice, and
- directly related purposes.
Wherever possible, Ability Options uses information in a de-identified form. Personal information will not be disclosed to third parties without your consent, except where permitted or required under the Privacy Act.
If you have any enquiries in relation to privacy or personal information please contact:
Suite 1.14, 29-31 Lexington Drive
Bella Vista NSW 2153
P: 1300 422 454
For more information about the Australian Privacy Principles please visit the website www.oaic.gov.au
If you wish to change how you receive communications from Ability Options (via mail, phone or email) please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
or call 1300 422 454.