At Ability Options we offer counselling and therapy services to suit all abilities and aspirations. We support you to identify your goals and work towards achieving them. Our services help you to live your best life.
Ability Options counselling services are professional, reliable and focused on positive outcomes. We offer one on one counselling and psychological services for people over 16 years of age.
Our team of registered counsellors, psychologists and social workers can provide one on one counselling supports to NDIS participants. These supports can be provided for people who are experiencing a mental health condition, and we specialise in supporting individuals with anxiety, depression, trauma and addiction.
We can support:
- NDIS participants with funding under the category ‘Improved Daily Living’.
- NDIS participants with funding for employment related counselling under the category ‘Finding and Keeping a Job’.
- Employment services participants, with vocational counselling.
Ability Options comprehensive therapy services are provided through the NDIS, our employment services, or as a fee for service offering. We offer a personalised approach to:
- Develop goals with you, and the people important to you
- Provide support and strategies to assist you to reach your goals
- Work with you to measure your progress.
Occupational Therapy (OT)
Occupational therapy enables you to participate in activities that you find meaningful. These activities can include taking care of yourself or others, working, volunteering, and participating in hobbies, interests and social events.
Some of our OT services include:
- Functional assessments to help you achieve your goals. The assessment works to determine your current level of input, what your strengths and areas for development might be and to identify any gaps that may need to be addressed.
- We can help you to build daily and community living skills as well as work ready skills
- NDIS Accommodation Assessments. Complete Individualised Living Options (ILO), Supported Independent Living (SIL) and Specialist Disability Accommodation (SDA) assessments
- Help you to access all types of low cost to complex assistive technologies
- Minor home modifications
- Complex Manual handling assessment and training.
We tailor your therapy sessions to help you reach your goals! Speech Pathology helps you to enhance and improve your communication – including understanding instructions and directions from others, and working on speech and voice abilities. It can also help if you have difficulty with swallowing.
We can help with:
- Swallowing assessments and meal time management supports
- Communication assessments and supports
- Training for communication partners
- Supporting communication during life changing transitions, especially leaving school or leaving home
- Support people to communicate with sign language, pictures or high technology devices.
We have specific services offered in each of the following regions:
- Occupational Therapy (OT)
- Speech Pathology
These services can be accessed through NDIS funding. Our Therapy team provide these supports to individuals through both face-to-face and online (telehealth) sessions every day of the week. Where necessary, the team also provide home visits for people using OT services. Find out which option best suits you.