Employment means more than just a part to play in a company or earning a wage — it’s loving what you do and waking up every day knowing you have a purpose in life.
At Ability Options, we believe that when looking for employment, you should have the freedom of choice to find a job that brings out your true potential. That’s why we take the time to understand and support you to find a job that is right for you — one that’s worth waking up for.
With our process, we keep in mind that no two people are the same and neither is their idea of the perfect job. We believe in taking a holistic look at all aspects of your life to find something that fits who you are and what you need perfectly.
If you’re looking for work, we can help you to…
- Prepare a job plan and understand the skills you’ll need to land the job you want
- Get the skills, qualifications or work experience you need
- Take part in a ‘job trial’ or work experience placement to see if it’s the right type of job for you
- Access services to help you manage areas of your life that may be impacting your ability to work such as our internal counselling services or other supports
- Write a resume and cover letter
- Access computers, the internet and printers to help prepare and look for jobs
- Prepare for a job interview and learn tips such as what to wear and how to answer questions
- Settle into your new job
- Maintain your job after you start work
- Manage any challenges at work to keep your job or help your move to a new job
As an employment service provider, we have access to government funds which can help you with*:
- Work related items such as the right clothes for an interview
- Training and courses
- Support after you begin your new job
*Eligibility criteria apply as per the requirements by the Department of Education, Skills and Employment.
Am I eligible for employment services?
To access employment services for free, you need to be one of the following:
- An Australian Citizen
- Looking for work, not working full time
- Looking for work, not studying full time
- Working, but at risk of losing work due to an injury or health condition
We can help if you are:
- Made redundant or lose your job
- Unemployed for some time, and need support to find new or different work
- Would like to improve your confidence or skills after bringing up children
- Finishing school and are ready to enter the workforce – NDIS: School Leaver Employment Supports (SLES)
- Impacted by injury or a health condition including mental health or disability
- Facing challenges in your current job and need some extra support
Here at Ability Options, we don’t just want to help you find any job — we want you to find YOUR job — so let us take this journey together. Contact us to learn more about unravelling and nursing your talents.
Get the right support to find your way back into work
Having a steady job can give you a sense of purpose and belonging, as well as the chance to contribute to your community and form social connections. As part of our service, we will be with you from the start until the end — from conducting your job hunt and building your skills to taking care of your health and well-being and more.
At the heart of supporting people is respecting your journey and guiding you through any challenges while looking for employment. Our focus is on understanding and helping you find a job that achieves your goal and suits the skill set you’re gifted with — without having to change anything — all you need to do is build from what you have. Our individual support is tailored just for you, with our experienced employment consultants here to help.
We focus on understanding your unique strengths and abilities
We understand how difficult finding the right job opportunity can be and we want to make the process easier for you. Our team of professionals has years of experience in helping people find suitable employment opportunities. We cultivate an open dialogue to understand your unique strengths and abilities and customise a tailored plan for your needs.
We strongly believes in empowering clients on their journey towards employment every step of the way — from forming an outstanding resume to providing tips on successful job interviews and beyond. From practical assistance to career guidance and emotional support — we will be with you throughout the process to help you find your place in the world of work.
Empowered through meaningful employment
At Ability Options, we live to ensure our clients experience a fulfilling work life where they feel respected and valued as employees within their chosen organisations. Our mission is to help empower you so that you can reach your full potential.
We want to be there for you through it all — from guiding you through challenging job application processes to finding employment that fulfils your needs. It’s not just about getting people into jobs; it’s about providing assistance and supplying resources to provide anyone looking for a job with the necessary skills to make their dreams a reality.
Find your dream job with Ability Options
The world of employment can be daunting — but it doesn’t have to be. With Ability Options, you can choose the path that makes sense for you — one that will ensure success in the long term, thanks to tailored guidance with careers and work options available in Australia.
CLICK HERE TO LEARN MORE