Employment means more than just a part to play in a company or earning a wage — it’s loving what you do and waking up every day knowing you have a purpose in life.
At Ability Options, we believe that when looking for employment, you should have the freedom of choice to find a job that brings out your true potential. That’s why we take the time to understand and support you to find a job that is right for you — one that’s worth waking up for.
With our process, we keep in mind that no two people are the same and neither is their idea of the perfect job. We believe in taking a holistic look at all aspects of your life to find something that fits who you are and what you need perfectly.
If you’re looking for work, we can help you to…
- Prepare a job plan and understand the skills you’ll need to land the job you want
- Get the skills, qualifications or work experience you need
- Take part in a ‘job trial’ or work experience placement to see if it’s the right type of job for you
- Access services to help you manage areas of your life that may be impacting your ability to work such as our internal counselling services or other supports
- Write a resume and cover letter
- Access computers, the internet and printers to help prepare and look for jobs
- Prepare for a job interview and learn tips such as what to wear and how to answer questions
- Settle into your new job
- Maintain your job after you start work
- Manage any challenges at work to keep your job or help your move to a new job
As an employment service provider, we have access to government funds which can help you with*:
- Work related items such as the right clothes for an interview
- Training and courses
- Support after you begin your new job
*Eligibility criteria apply as per the requirements by the Department of Education, Skills and Employment.
Am I eligible for employment services?
To access employment services for free, you need to be one of the following:
- An Australian Citizen
- Looking for work, not working full time
- Looking for work, not studying full time
- Working, but at risk of losing work due to an injury or health condition
We can help if you are:
- Made redundant or lose your job
- Unemployed for some time, and need support to find new or different work
- Would like to improve your confidence or skills after bringing up children
- Finishing school and are ready to enter the workforce – NDIS: School Leaver Employment Supports (SLES)
- Impacted by injury or a health condition including mental health or disability
- Facing challenges in your current job and need some extra support
Here at Ability Options, we don’t just want to help you find any job — we want you to find YOUR job — so let us take this journey together. Contact us to learn more about unravelling and nursing your talents.
CLICK HERE TO LEARN MORE