Do you have a passion for helping others?
… and do you love making a difference in people’s lives, every single day?
Do you want to have your voice heard?
… and be a part of a strong and resilient community?
If you answered yes, you sound like someone that belongs at Ability Options! Find out how you can get involved by taking a look at what we do.
Ability Options in a snapshot
Ability Options is no ordinary organisation. We have been supporting vulnerable people to live their best possible life for over four decades, conquering stereotypes and challenging perceptions along the way.
Our focus is on supporting people with disability and people who need employment. We do this by employing passionate individuals with a commitment to our mission and values.
For 45 years we have done this, driven wholeheartedly by our mission to support people who need assistance to achieve their aspirations and inclusion in the community.
And we live and work by our values of Trust, Respect, Inclusion, Courage and Leadership.
What kind of job can I do at Ability Options?
Ability Options provides two core services in the community:
- Disability services
- Employment services
These two streams are supported by our Shared Services teams.
You may find a job in these types of roles:
- Employment Consultant – supporting people to find work
- Post Placement Support Consultant – helping people to maintain and keep a job
- Employer Servicing Consultant – building strong relationships with businesses and organisations who are looking for work-ready staff
- WorkReady Consultant – work with young people and people with disability to prepare for the workforce and improve life skills
- Support worker – work hands-on in a variety of roles, helping people with disability to live life
- Nurse – work in a collaborative model where you bring your expertise in nursing to life within disability services
- Support Coordinator – help people navigate the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) and get the most out of their NDIS funding
- Therapist – use your skills in occupational therapy, psychology, speech therapy or nutrition to help people enhance their daily lives
- Human Resources
- Property & Assets
- Information & Technology
- Audit, Risk and Compliance
- Quality, Practice and Outcomes
- Marketing & Communications
- Customer Service
There are also leadership and management roles available across all areas of the organisation, with opportunities for growth and learning every step of the way.