As an Australian Government employment program, ParentsNext is delivered by Ability Options under Olympus Solutions across 25 sites in NSW.
Our helpful team of employment consultants will equip you with the skills, confidence and support needed to prepare for and find employment or study options that suit you. And the good thing is, you don’t have to look for work right away. Instead, the focus is on getting ready and preparing for your return.
How can ParentsNext help me return to work?
Achieve your employment goals as a parent.
Returning to work when you have young children can seem overwhelming but having the support and guidance can make all the difference. The challenge many parents face when thinking about returning to work is how to find the right work life balance between parenting, study and work. It can be a juggling act!
If your youngest child is between 9 months and 6 years of age, our skilled team can help you make a smooth transition back to work.
You will be supported to:
- Think about and set short and long-term study and work goals
- Create a participation plan that sets out the activities you need to do to achieve your goals
- Access services in the local community
- Stay in touch and review your plan by regularly meeting with your consultant – there will be times when it is hard to do your planned activities and these catch-ups provide a space for you to chat and get back on track
Am I eligible for ParentsNext?
You may be able to participate in ParentsNext if all of these apply:
- You have a child aged 9 months to 6 years
- You are under 55 years of age
- You have been getting a Parenting Payment and haven’t worked in the last 6 months
One of the following must also apply:
- You’re under 22 and haven’t completed Year 12 or equivalent
- You’re 22 or over and haven’t completed Year 12 or equivalent, and have been getting income support for at least 2 years
- You’re 22 or over and have been getting income support for more than 4 years
Participating in ParentsNext may be a condition of receiving your Parenting Payment. If this is the case, Centrelink will reach out about joining the program.
If you would like to join the ParentsNext program, please first contact Centrelink to check your eligibility.
Ability Options MyTime service
Helping parents with young children prepare for employment.
The MyTime service is unique to Ability Options and, in addition to helping parents prepare for employment, it aims to reduce the need for long-term welfare support.
The service focuses on providing you with training, support and opportunities for employment that are suited to your needs.
The flexible service will also be improved based on your feedback and we encourage you to tell us about your experience.
MyTime at a glance:
- Personalised service that’s focused on you!
- Familiar with the needs of parents with young children
- Access to training partners and non-job related support
- Flexible services
- Local focus and community awareness
- Utilises expertise in employment programs with our knowledge of local markets and employers
- Regularly improvement based on your feedback
- Available across all Ability Options sites in Sydney, the Central Coast and the Hunter
Focused on you
MyTime recognises the diverse backgrounds, education, skills and work experience of every participant, and tailors the program to your needs.
So, how does it work? To begin, your Participation Plan will map your background, needs, skills and goals to an achievable employment path. Next, training and support — both job and non-job related — are provided and tailored to your needs.
Timeliness and convenience
We understand that as a parent of young children that you may not have a lot of time. It might also be challenging to maintain a schedule around the needs of your children and family. Having your child in care may not always be the best option either.
To help, MyTime can provide flexibility and convenience. Varied locations, such as our local offices and community organisations, give you a range of options when looking for services and support. Virtual online-based service options allow you to connect with services when and where it suits you best.
We are local
MyTime operates at a local level and has strong connections to community organisations and other local employment services. Our team have extensive knowledge of the local job market and have strong relationships with many employers, training schemes and employment agencies.
This means we can offer you skills and training, employer introductions, work experience as well as access to jobactive or DES providers to discuss ongoing support.
To speak to one of our Recruitment Consultants today about the ParentsNext program, call 1300 422 454 or complete the form below.