From 1 July, jobactive will be replaced by Workforce Australia, and the employment support jobactive participants receive will change. As part of the new Workforce Australia service, individuals who need help to find a job and are on income support will either:
- stay with the same employment services provider
- transition to a new employment services provider
- be offered digital servicing.
If you’ve been transferred to a new provider, but want to remain with Ability Options, register your interest in the form below. We’ll call you from Monday 4 July to help you to transfer back to us.
What is Workforce Australia?
Workforce Australia is a new service that will help you find and keep a job, or change jobs, and will also connect employers with people looking for work.
The change to Workforce Australia will also bring greater focus to resolve complex circumstances that may be adding difficulty to gaining employment. As a Workforce Australia provider, we support both people looking for work, and employers across NSW. These services are provided at no cost to you.
This service, in partnership with CoAct Employment, ensures that those people who need assistance to achieve their employment goals, get the best support possible.
When will Workforce Australia be serviced from?
Workforce Australia will be serviced from 1 July.
If you choose to stay with Ability Options, we can continue to provide one-to-one support. Our employment consultants are here to help you, and will assist you to:
- Write or update your resume;
- Develop a personalised job plan;
- Connect with local businesses who are looking for staff;
- Review your skills and plan career training or upskilling;
- Look for work and apply for new jobs;
- Receive on the job support when you start work to help things run smoothly; and
- Purchase work related training, licenses, clothing, equipment and more through the Employment Assistance Fund (EAF).
Our Partnership with CoAct
Ability Options is part of CoAct’s network of community-based not-for-profits delivering Workforce Australia. By working as a network, like-minded service partners ensure shared best practice. CoAct has helped over 10,000 people get back into work through its employment services.
Read more about Workforce Australia, here: Employment services – information for individuals – Department of Education, Skills and Employment, Australian Government (dese.gov.au)
If you have any questions about Workforce Australia, contact email@example.com or call us on 1300 422 454.