To all Participants, Carers and Guardians,
I would like to present you some new information that keeps you safe. This information includes restrictions, closures, services information, and vaccination information. These are worrying times for everyone and we will continue to do all we can to support participants, families and staff. We continue to follow Health advice and Public Health Orders to protect participants, our families, colleagues, and the wider community. In our aim to support you during this time, we are providing online/remote servicing. You can always reach us at 1300 422 454 if you have any questions or concerns.
It has been announced that, as we understand it, support workers who live and/or work in an LGA of concern must have had at least one vaccination by 30 August. We have not yet received further details. We have been strongly encouraging all of our lovely employees to take up a vaccine and we have provided vaccine hubs and in reach clinics to support this. We are now contacting those who have not shared a vaccine certificate with us to ask them to do so or to get a vaccine as required. Should you have concerns about vaccination status of support staff please let your usual Ability Options contact know or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Stay at home restrictions
ALL areas of NSW are under stay-at-home orders.
- Greater Sydney: in-place until the end of September. (LGAs of concern will be under curfew after Monday, 23rd August between the hours of 9pm-5am)
- Regional NSW: in-place until 28 August.
- COVID-19 for people with disability: COVID-19 information for people with disability (nsw.gov.au)
- Greater Sydney LGAs of concern and curfew information: Local government areas of concern | NSW Government
- Case locations across NSW: Latest COVID-19 case locations and alerts in NSW.
- Reasons to leave home
- Easy English advice
- Updates in 60+ languages
COVID-19 tests and Self-Isolation
If you are deemed a close or casual contact, or have symptoms of COVID-19, you must get tested. You must self-isolate until you receive your test results. Cases spread in any community, through those who are out and active with the virus.
- Not leaving your home/accommodation. Only leaving for medical treatment/emergency.
- Not allowing someone to into your home unless they live there.
- Obeying NSW Health COVID-19 self-isolation guidelines.
Restrictions are in-place until 28 August across:
- Lake Macquarie
- Port Stephens
Note: All offices in the Hunter, are closed to visitors.
Hunter – Facility Rules
- No visitors in Group Homes who aren’t providing essential care.
- All essential care visitors are to wear a surgical mask.
- All essential visits are in a resident’s room.
Day Programs – running online
The temporary suspension of disability day programs has been extended in all NSW LGAs with current stay-at-home restrictions. This lasts until 28 August 2021. Under Community Activity rules, no programs in a group setting can operate. This means that Day Programs are being delivered remotely, online.
- Short-term accommodation outside of Greater Sydney: Operating in our facilities. We are taking all safety measures i.e., masks and social distancing.
- Direct supports: Services are running. We are taking all safety measures i.e., masks and social distancing.
- Support Coordination: Services are running. Contact your CoS practitioner for support.
- Therapists: Running with remote/online servicing. Contact your therapist if you need face-to-face therapy.
- WorkReady (SLES & FAKJ): Running with online/remote servicing. Contact your WorkReady consultant if you need face-to-face.
We continue with our in-reach vaccination in accommodation services in Sydney and are working hard to secure vaccination hubs and in-reach vaccination opportunities and vaccination hubs on the Mid North Coast and Hunter Region, as soon as we have more information, we will share with you.
To access your vaccination sooner, consider the AstraZeneca vaccine, available from participating GPs and pharmacies, and NSW Health clinics.
Book your vaccination here: https://www.health.gov.au/resources/apps-and-tools/covid-19-vaccine-eligibility-checker
Priority Vaccinations – Sydney LGAs of concern
NSW Health are running two Priority vaccination hubs for all people aged 18-39 living in the local government areas of concern:
Bayside, Blacktown, Campbelltown, Canterbury-Bankstown, Cumberland, Fairfield, Georges River, Liverpool, Parramatta, Penrith and Strathfield
You must book for two doses of the vaccine with the same clinic when you make your booking.
Book your appointment now on the NSW Government website.
If you would like any further information, please contact your usual Ability Options contact, or me.
Stay safe. Be calm, be kind.
CEO Ability Options