Respite services are safe and relaxing spaces for people with disability to have some time away. Our highly trained and professional team help you unwind and enjoy a break from your normal routine. Our relaxing respite accommodation options are available across New South Wales from the Hunter to Coffs Harbour.
Our disability respite services offer stays for people with disability to relax or to simply take a break. This can be a mini break, planned holiday or somewhere to stay while family or carers take time away from daily routines. Everyone deserves a break and the chance to explore living somewhere new, even temporarily. From freshly prepared meals to organising memorable activities, Ability Options provide fantastic disability respite services to ensure you enjoy your time away with minimal stress.
Our disability respite services are available in the Hunter Region and the Mid-North Coast. We offer short, medium and long-term options available under Short-Term Accommodation (STA) as part of your NDIS funding. Emergency respite accommodation can also provide support for people with more complex needs or for people who are experiencing a crisis and need some unplanned support quickly. These services are available in the Hunter Region and Mid-North Coast. Whether you’re after a gorgeous sunset view or the opportunity to immerse yourself in nature, our respite accommodation options have something for everyone.
Top five reasons why people love Ability Options’ respite accommodation services
No matter your background, age or requirements, we can ensure you have a great experience during your stay. There’s much to look forward to when you participate in our respite accommodation services. For instance, you can:
- Relax in a comfortable, safe and fun environment — Know you’re in safe hands and enjoy your time away. Our respite accommodation locations offer varying levels of accessibility and large living spaces and have staff available on-site 24/7.
- Hang out with support workers who are kind and understand different needs — Not only are our support workers highly trained and qualified, they take great care in building a positive relationship with all occupants and will make you feel right at home.
- Explore somewhere new away from home — From gorgeous beaches to breathtaking lakes, our respite accommodation locations deliver an unforgettable experience and memories that will last a lifetime.
- Meet and hang out with people that have similar interests — Our disability respite services give you a chance to get to know a different crowd and make new friends!
- Participate in new activities or fun events — Discover your new favourite hobby or passion during your stay. Our staff organise fun activities throughout the day to keep you busy.
Who do we support?
Ability Options welcomes all people with disability to use our disability respite services. Our staff are highly trained and have extensive experience with a wide range of backgrounds, ages and needs. We support children, young people and adults to have time away for themselves. Stays are catered for different age groups and people with similar interests. If you have specific requirements or want more information about our disability respite services, get in touch with our team.
What kind of support can I get during my stay?
Support workers in all of our respite accommodation locations are trained and experienced in supporting people from various backgrounds. Our team can support children, young people and adults with all kinds of support needs and interests.
Our staff prepare fresh and nutritious meals in well-equipped kitchens. You are welcome to join in with meal preparation if you like — we’re sure our in-house staff would appreciate the extra pair of hands! We organise day trips and picnics to locations around our respite homes, including stunning beaches, rainforests and national parks, using our fully accessible vehicles. If your mood calls for hanging out in trendy cafes and shopping — we can make that happen too. We’re here to ensure you enjoy your time away, so you can return to regular life feeling refreshed and motivated.
We will work closely with you and your family or carers to ensure you are safe and enjoying your stay. We’re also here to offer support and advice if any anxieties or concerns arise during your holiday. Your comfort and experience are our top priorities.
Our respite accommodation supports include:
- Epilepsy management
- Enteral feeding
- Medication management
- Support with meal preparation
- Planning day trips and activities
- Support in learning new skills such as sports or art and craft
- Manual handling
- Positive behaviour support
- First Aid and CPR
If you have more specific needs that are different to those listed above, we can arrange support from our therapy team or other agencies.
This may include:
- Occupational therapists
- Speech therapists
- Community nurses
These disability respite services can also be included as part of your personal respite plan with us.
Explore the disability respite services at Ability Options
Ability Options offer short, medium and long-term respite accommodation available through Short-Term Accommodation (STA) as part of your NDIS funding. Whether you like to get out and about or kick back on the couch, we can ensure your holiday is done on your terms. We also offer more permanent living arrangements through our supported living services if you’re ready to live independently.
If you would like more information about our disability respite services, please do not hesitate to contact us or fill out the form below.